After some initial froggy moments (where I stitched some stitches in one angle, and others in another) the stitching went fast. Took some creative liberties with this design. It called for round eyelets, but I decided to go for smyrna crosses, which I then highlighted with Kreinik 002 #4 Braid for that extra bit of sparkle. It also called for two different bead colours, but I opted to just use the gold one on the design.
The finishing was painless (other than finding a template for a square that small) and after a bit of trial and error, I decided to do free form bead clusters on each corner, and I must say, it turned out quite nicely. Tried to take a photo that would show the rainbow pearlescent shimmer of the larger beads in those corners, which I picked to complement the Kreinik within the stitching. Really really pleased with how this turned out. Posted it off this morning, so I hope the recipient likes it!